- I. \\|pē(ˌ)pē|ī\ noun
: a radarscope on which spots of light representing reflections of radar waves indicate the range and bearing of objects such as airplanes, ships, buildings, cliffs, and mountainsII. abbreviationUsage: often not capitalized1. parcel post insured2. policy proof of interest
* * *1. patient package insert: a leaflet included with a prescription medication indicating its proper use.2. plan position indicator.3. producer price index.
* * *abbrev1. Plan Position Indicator2. Proton pump inhibitor
* * *p.p.i.,policy proof of interest.PPI (no periods),plan position indicator: »
The PPI screen shows a flat map of the circular region above the radar (Scientific American).
* * *Computing abbr. pixels per inch, a measure of the resolution of display screens, scanners, and printers
* * *ppi 7 [ppi] [ˌpiː piː ˈaɪ] [ˌpiː piː ˈaɪ] abbreviation (computing)pixels per inch (a measure of the quality of images)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.